SHOWER, EXFOLIATE & SHAVE 24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR AIRBRUSH
You should shower/exfoliate/shave with 24 hours of your appointment. If you have sensitive pores that are easily irritated by this preparation, do this prep earlier. Otherwise, right before the appointment or the morning of works.
Exfoliate like a pro:
- Use a gentle, non-abrasive body scrub
- Apply your body scrub with exfoliating gloves, a washcloth or a loofa
- Apply with circular movements and light pressure
AVOID WEARING LOTION, MAKEUP & DEODORANT BEFORE YOUR AIRBRUSH
When preparing for your airbrush appointment, avoid wearing lotion, makeup or deodorant. These products make it difficult for your skin to absorb the airbrush tanning solution.
WEAR DARK, LOOSE FITTING CLOTHES TO YOUR AIRBRUSH APPOINTMENT
Wearing dark, loose fitting clothes to your appointment is crucial for your tan’s survival. You want your tan to breathe and develop properly without being smothered by tight jeans, yoga pants, or tight shirts. An oversized t-shirt and dark sweat pants work best.
Wearing dark, loose fitting clothing also prevents:
- The possibility of your tan smudging, resulting in uneven or unatural results
- The bronzing make-up from the solution rubbing off all over your clothes
Women, wait a minimum of 30 minutes after your appointment before wearing a bra.
DO NOT SHOWER, WORKOUT OR SWEAT FOR 10-12 HOURS AFTER YOUR AIRBRUSH
Top Tips For Showering
- When you shower, keep the water at a medium temperature
- Shower FIRST before working out or sweating for the first time after your airbrush
- When showering, use a moisturizing bar soap or body gel
- Limit your exposure to bar soaps that will dry out your skin, because that will accelerate the
fading of your tan. Moisturizing soaps are non-detergent based, and most contain vitamin E to help skin conditioning.
MOISTURIZE 3x A DAY WITH HYPOALLERGENIC BODY LOTION
After you have showered for the first time after your airbrush appointment, start moisturizing your entire body two to three times daily. Hypoallergenic cream lowers the pH of your skin after water exposure, which keeps skin healthy and sustains your tan.
DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!
Drinking lots of water is one way to prevent dry skin. This will keep your skin hydrated and enhance the appearance of your tan. Most importantly, it will prevent the “Cracking Alligator Skin” look that can develop if your skin gets too dry while you are enjoying your airbrush tan.
EXFOLIATE YOUR AIRBRUSH TAN OFF COMPLETELY BEFORE YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT
After you have enjoyed your airbrush tan for twice as long this time, make sure you exfoliate whatever is left of your airbrush tan completely off before your next airbrush tanning appointment.